Dear readers, I know that this will be my second angst-ridden post about school, but seeing as it's already 3 AM and I have nobody else to bitch at, I'm going to vent here. Feel free to ignore this post. Seriously, save yourself five minutes of your life. Watch the Trololo Guy instead! Read a book! Meet a lovely woman named Tiffany and settle down! Have 2.5 beautiful children and a white picket fence! Be content in your domesticity until you find out that it's all been a ruse and that she is your pool boy in disguise only out to take advantage of your hefty life insurance plan!
For those of you still with me, I'll try and make this quick and dirty. Which means it's going to be long and messy. To sum up my situation, I have summer homework for my AP Government class and I didn't know it was already due or that it had required reading. I'm guessing that I got a copy of the homework sometime before school let out, but I didn't look too closely and kind of lost track of it. A whole summer blurred by, so now here I am two days before school starts (technically one now). Tonight, I checked the school's website to find out exactly what I should've been doing while I was prancing off to parts of the world unknown. I knew there would be homework. I was expecting homework. I just didn't expect it to be due yesterday.
As an added bonus to this rapidly growing clusterfuck, it requires knowledge of a book that I didn't read and never bought. We were also supposed to be checking into the website all summer and responding to posts that the teachers make. The school insists on using their weird forum in a sad attempt at remaining current and in touch with the student population. I'd rather just write a damned report. Because I have not done this summer homework, I'll be kicked out of the AP class and put in a regular government/civics class, as is required for graduation.
So now I'm the special kind of screwed where they've already handed out schedules and I can't take one of the classes on mine. Maybe they'll put me in a study hall. Maybe they'll let me take government/civics online. They probably won't. They don't like me in the way that they don't really like anybody going to school here. Probably my schedule will be flipped upside down and my parents will be very unhappy with me and there will be worse unforeseen consequences. It's way too close to school for this to be happening. I'm totally fucked. But you know what? The world hasn't ended yet. I still have some optimism that I'll find a way out of this.
Oh jeez, Sarah....This totally does suck. And I'll stay optimistic for you! I hope it does take a turn for the better for your sake!
ReplyDeleteOh Gosh, I hope you figure something out!
ReplyDelete