Last Saturday was a very magical night for a lot of people. Specifically the other juniors and seniors at my high school, because it was prom night. Yes, I went, and I suppose it was a little magical for me, too. I had my hair done up all pretty, I was wearing a slinky black dress, I'd put on a healthy slathering of dark red lipstick... and I proceeded to dance the night away on the edge of the dance floor with my two dateless friends. And I use the term "dance" very loosely.
I did:
1.) The Shopping Cart
2.) The Angsty Thrashing Motion
3.) The Writhe Around Trying to Look Sensual
4.) The Carlton
5.) All of These Dances Here: http://vimeo.com/39084398
They Did:
1.) Not a Whole Lot
My good friend Monica claimed that aesexuals can't dance, and after a brief but interesting demonstration on her part, I'm inclined to agree with her. To her credit, she'd occasionally give a shimmy of the shoulders. We were a fun-looking bunch, I'm sure. Most of the other attendees started out dancing normally, while the more ambitious couples were grinding about five minutes into the event. Eventually, they all consolidated into the middle of the dance floor and were exclusively writhing and grinding against each other. And that's what really grinds my gears about these events. (Pun definitely intended.) They all laugh about how I dance weird, but are they really dancing? No. They're just mass dry-humping. So screw them! Anyway, it looked like a combination between a fancy mosh pit and a well-dressed orgy and it smelled like a pregnant grizzly bear. So I played it safe and kept doing the Carlton with my aesexual friend. Also, there was free Mountain Dew. It's not how most people envision their junior prom, but it was almost everything I wanted it to be.
Your prom experience sounds like quite a lot of fun! :D
ReplyDeleteSince I am only a freshman (and I failed to find an upperclassman to take me), I was unable to go to prom. Your dances you listed sound really fabulous, and I think I am going to have to adopt "The Angsty Thrashing Motion".
From what I've heard, though, your prom was extremely similar to ours in the sense that grinding was plentiful.
Sarah, that sounds amazing! I'm sure that you looked very pretty in your dress. My fellow freshman friend, Anna (not one you've met), went to prom with a junior. But as of late, she's had her eyes on a certain senior. Her colorful love-life makes me yearn for a relationship. Alas, my crush is eyein' another woman.
ReplyDeleteAs for your dance skills, they sound superb and they probably rule over my own. It's a good thing that I didn't go to Homecoming or Winter Formal... :D
I feel your pain. I'm currently entangled in some teenaged love drama, and by love drama, I mean that this person will probably go to the grave thinking that we're just really good friends. Also, I may just be suspicious, but it seems like everyone I know is after this person. So yeah, ANGST.
Delete